That said, I consciously abstained from making my tile entirely pink or incorporating the ribbon shape that's become practically eponymous with the disease. Perhaps it's because I really haven't been up close and personal with cancer of any sort, or maybe it's because I had at the back of my head sort of sensed some of the frustrations with "pinkwashing" I later saw eloquently put to words here. Or, maybe it's just 'cause I'm not all that fond of pink! :-D
Anyway, here it is. A bed of Lanie - which I used a couple of weeks ago, but not nearly so well as here - with a curly bracket feather that my husband put into my head looked more like a fern, so I went ahead and highlighted it with a green metallic gelly roll pen.
When I stopped working on this one after the Lanie was (finally) done, I fully intended to come back the next morning and put something in the white space above the fern. However, after sleeping on it, I realized that I was probably not going to improve upon it by adding anything up there. So there's quite a lot more empty area than I am used to leaving - but I think the balance is right.
It's all on a 4 inch bar coaster in the traditional micron and graphite combo with the pink metallic highlight from an off-brand Sharpie analog.