Friday, November 25, 2011

Quick n' Easy Crochet Wreath Ornament

I've picked up my hook again this season: my first project was my daughter's Christmas Stocking, but I got inspired and starting making hats. Finally, I started visualizing ornaments I could add to my stockings. Grammy's were made of felt, but I'm feeling more comfy with the hook this year, so here's a cute little wreath for your tree, hat, headband, or you name it!

Materials:
Yarn in green and contrasting color of your choice

Tools:
Crochet hook (I used size G)
Scissors

Key:
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
sc = single crochet
sl = slip
st = stitch


Here's those instructions again, in case you can't quite see 'em in the photo
1. ch 12 and join with sl st to form ring
2. (Round 1) ch 2 (counts as first hdc), 12 more hdc in ring; sl st to join
3. (Round 2 - eyelet) ch 3 (counts as first dc + ch 1). dc + ch in each hdc st below; sl to join
4. (Round 3 - scallop edge) sc, hdc, sc in space formed by ch 1 below. sl st in top of dc. Repeat in each ch 1 space for 13 total.
5. Chain 50 to 70 in contrasting color. Weave in and out of eyelets in row 2 and tie bow.
Optional: Glue on felt or sequin "ornaments" as desired.

No comments: